Friday, January 18, 2013
Do you like this story?
Posted on Friday, January 18, 2013
Anyway, I kept on promising my Filipino office mates that I'll be bring some once I have time to cook it. Well, the time is now. For the first time, I have finally cooked my first ever steamed rice cake.
For those who are interested to cook the famed puto, here are the ingredients:
1) 400g White King Puto mix
2) 2 cups of water
3) 1 cup of sugar
4) 10 tsp cooking oil
5) sliced cheese
If you don't have a ready mix with you, here are the additional ingredients:
1) 400g of wheat flour or regular flour
2) 1 cup of milk
3) 1 egg
4) 2 1/2 tbsp of baking powder
5) 5 drops of vanilla extract
6) 1 tsp iodized salt
1) Combine all dry ingredients (400g White King Puto mix and 1 cup sugar) in a bowl. (If you don't have a ready mix, combine all dry ingredients followed by the liquid ingredients then mix.)
2) Pour in the water then mix thoroughly.
3) Once the consistency becomes smooth, pour in the 10 teaspoon of cooking oil then mix again.
4) Prepare your steamer and your puto molds.
5) Make sure to fill in only 70% of the mold since the puto will rise. On top of your puto, put a generous amount of sliced cheese.
6) Steam for about 25 minutes or until you see that the puto is shiny or bouncy when you press your finger on it.
Serve hot or cold! By the way, it's very fluffy and delicious!
This post was written by: Mark Ferdinand Tayag
Makoy is a Senior Software Engineer based in Singapore. He enjoys cooking, swimming, running and taking photos. Makoy started blogging way back 1998 during his College years. Aside from his personal blog, he maintains a music blog, an entertainment blog, making money online blog and a photo blog. A certified Filipino blogger that wants to dominate the blogosphere.
Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.