Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Do you like this story?
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Here are the things that you need to know before going to the embassy:
1) Schedule your appointment to the embassy by going to this link.
2) Choose your desired appointment date and time. Take note that there are only a few Sunday schedule, mostly are weekdays schedule. Once you have made your selection, fill up the OFW Information Sheet then click the Submit/Print Information Sheet button. Make sure to print 3 copies of the OFW Information Sheet.
3) Proceed to the embassy on your scheduled date and time with the following original documents:
a) Passport (valid at least 6 months from the date of departure)
b) Valid Singapore work permit (WP/SP/EP)
c) Proof of Employment returning to same employer (e.g. Employment Contract, Certificate of Employment/Company ID/Pay slip)
d) Verified and Authenticated contract (Household Service Workers)
e) Confirmed roundtrip plane ticket
4) Once your documents are verified, proceed to the counter to pay for the following:
a) POEA Processing Fee ($SGD 3.00 per OEC)
b) OWWA Membership Contribution $SGD 42.00 (per contract coverage)
c) PAG-IBIG Contribution $SGD 5.50 (minimum amount per month)
5) Wait for your name to be called with your OEC!
This post was written by: Mark Ferdinand Tayag
Makoy is a Senior Software Engineer based in Singapore. He enjoys cooking, swimming, running and taking photos. Makoy started blogging way back 1998 during his College years. Aside from his personal blog, he maintains a music blog, an entertainment blog, making money online blog and a photo blog. A certified Filipino blogger that wants to dominate the blogosphere. Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.