Friday, May 11, 2012
Do you like this story?
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2012
Arroz Caldo or rice porridge with chicken is popular in the Philippines specially during breakfast, snacks and if I may add during rainy seasons. If you're an OFW like me and have been craving of Arroz Caldo, here are the ingredients and easy steps.
Ingredients of Arroz Caldo ala Makoy:
1) a cup of glutinous rice or regular fragrant rice
2) boiled chicken strips or chicken parts
3) crushed garlic
4) cooking oil
5) 2 chicken cubes
6) salt and pepper
7) ginger cut in 1-inch strip
9) hard-boiled eggs
10) chopped onion leaks
11) fish sauce
For the simple steps:
1) In a casserole, sautée the crushed garlic in a hot cooking oil followed by the ginger.
2) If the ginger is already fragrant, add in the chicken. Once the chicken looks half-cooked, pour in the rice and the water. Make sure to occasionally mix the soup base.
3) Add the chicken cubes in the soup base then flavor it with fish sauce, salt and pepper.
4) Once the chicken is cooked, you can mix in the hard-boiled egg.
Best served with sautéed garlic and chopped onion leaks.
This post was written by: Mark Ferdinand Tayag
Makoy is a Senior Software Engineer based in Singapore. He enjoys cooking, swimming, running and taking photos. Makoy started blogging way back 1998 during his College years. Aside from his personal blog, he maintains a music blog, an entertainment blog, making money online blog and a photo blog. A certified Filipino blogger that wants to dominate the blogosphere.
Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.