Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Do you like this story?
Posted on Wednesday, February 29, 2012
After the second try, I finally perfected the art of making hot cakes. I still can recall when my siblings and I were still young, our dad would cook for us hot cakes. And he even taught us how to cook it without the ready mix.
Since I relied all the time with hot cake mix and the it's very pricey here, I have opted to cook it on the scratch. I had to search online for the ingredients but I failed the first time.
Anyway, here are the ingredients of my hot cake:
1. A cup of an all-purpose flour
2. An egg
3. Cooking oil or melted butter
4. 3 teaspoons of baking powder
5. 1 teaspoon of salt
6. 1 tablespoon of sugar
7. Drops of vanilla extract
8. Cup of fresh milk
Here are simple steps:
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl then set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients then pour bit by bit while mixing to the dry ingredients. Once the hot cake mix is smooth in texture, you can fry it an greased pan.
3. Serve hot with butter and some fruit jams.
This post was written by: Mark Ferdinand Tayag
Makoy is a Senior Software Engineer based in Singapore. He enjoys cooking, swimming, running and taking photos. Makoy started blogging way back 1998 during his College years. Aside from his personal blog, he maintains a music blog, an entertainment blog, making money online blog and a photo blog. A certified Filipino blogger that wants to dominate the blogosphere.
Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.