Sunday, January 25, 2009
Top 10 Hollywood Movies as of January 25, 2009
1. Paul Blart: Mall Cop
2. Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
3. Gran Torino
4. Hotel for Dogs
5. Slumdog Millionaire
6. My Bloody Valentine
8. Bride Wars
9. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Sunday, January 25, 2009 by Makoy · 2
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Hours to go and I'm going to have my 10 days vacation in the Philippines. I would be back blogging on February 3, hopefully. Today, I was having a bad day. I don't feel well and it feels like I'm going to have a fever. I also kills me that my right thigh aches a lot. Thank God the day is almost over.
I just finished cooking and had my dinner. I also had my clothes to wear tomorrow pressed. What I need to do now is to round down my check list in case I forget something. I just hope and pray I won't miss a thing.
The Big Mak Blog Contest by the way will officially start on February 3. I will post the mechanics on the said date. Cash and EC sponsors are still accepted. It's just overwhelming that I'm nearing the 100,000 EC credits to give away. Can you imagine that? My cash prize is also nearing the $200 mark. I am asking your help to make my quota fulfilled.
Wish me well on my vacation and see you all again on February!
Thursday, January 22, 2009 by Makoy · 15
After new year, my favorite US TV shows like Brothers & Sisters, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives and Ugly Betty are back on air with new fresh episodes. It's just nice to see them back and complete my evening with my heart smiling.
So what happened in the last two fresh episodes of these shows? In Brothers & Sisters, Sen. McCalister is planning to run for Governor and Kitty has published her book. Tommy is planning to take over the family business by his illegal plans. Sarah's new business is in the rocks with a financial trouble but was fixed at the end.
On Grey's Anatomy, the war between Meredith and Cristina is still on. Izzie's affair with her dead boyfriend I think has ended. That crap should end. Lexie on the other hand is sleeping with the Attending doctor Mark Sloan. The lesbian vibe in Grey's Anatomy resurrected when an intern named Sadie now flirts with Callie. What will happen to the death row patient? I can't wait for that episode.
On Desperate Housewives, Carlos now have a job. His wife now stays at home and have a trouble in disciplining her children. Edie and her current husband Dave separated and was back again. The conflict between Bree and her new son-in-law boils but eventually was fixed with an agreement for the both of them. Lynette's fight for her son's freedom was still on. Parker was still hiding from his parents and finally surfaced when Lynette made up a story of her accident.
On Ugly Betty, I only got to watch one episode. The second episode is still unavailable though. So what happened in Ugly Betty? Betty with Mark is on their first day at Yeti. One of their homework is to do networking. It is also the day of the re-opening of Hilda's salon. Betty was busy though finding the stolen gown from rival s magazine. It was a sad ending though that Betty's dad had an heart attack. Will there be a sister fight on the next episode?
Prison Break on the other hand was reported that this is the final season. Four more episodes to go that will air on April 17. I guess there would be an additional two-hour finale episode. I just hope everything would be answered in the finale. I want the company and Gretchen to rot in jail.
by Makoy · 5
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
The Korean singer who loves Mariah Carey's song is back with his own interpreation to the songs of the Pop superstar. Two hit songs "Touch My Body" and "We Belong Together" from Mariah Carey's hit albums "The Emancipation of Mimi" and "E=MC2." Isn't he great?
Touch My Body
We Belong Together
Tuesday, January 20, 2009 by Makoy · 6
Monday, January 19, 2009
I just saw a portion of this commercial on TV Patrol. I immediately looked at in in YouTube and here it is. I really thought this Barack Obama look-a-like is a Filipino. He is an Indonesian Photographer by the way. In the commercial is Ate Glow, who impersonates Philippine President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.
Monday, January 19, 2009 by Makoy · 4
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Filipinos in Singapore, on March 1, 2009, 12 bands from the Philippines would have a concert at the Fort Canning Park. This concert is dubbed as the First International Pinoy Music Festival. The concert will start 9 A.M. onwards.
The biggest bands in the Philippines like Bamboo, Imago, Kamikazee, Parokya ni Edgar, Sandwich and The Dawn will perform at that concert.
Tickets are available for $70, $120 and $180. You may contact these numbers: +6591704956 and +6591264495 or visit their website at www.pinoysunday.net for more details.
Go pinoy music!
Sunday, January 18, 2009 by Makoy · 5
Friday, January 16, 2009
Top 10 Hollywood Movies as of January 16, 2009
1. Paul Blart: Mall Cop
2. Gran Torino
3. My Bloody Valentine
5. Hotel for Dogs
6. Bride Wars
7. The Unborn
9. Marley & Me
10. Slumdog Millionaire
Friday, January 16, 2009 by Makoy · 2
Thursday, January 15, 2009
This video is funny or should I say might have hurt the big ego of Ryan Seacrest. During the red carpet of the Golden Globes 2009, Ryan Seacrest approached Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and was obviously snubbed. Brangelina seem not affected on Ryan Seacrest's voice and continued on posing for the photographers. On his radio program, Ryan Seacrest told that he was dissed by the couple and even said that Brangelina might thought that he is not a big celebrity.
I would love to hear the comments of Kathy Griffin to this incident.
Thursday, January 15, 2009 by Makoy · 5
To those job hunters, this should shock you but this is true. I heard this news from my friend in the Philippines, which according to him is very interesting. I researched it in the Internet and saw the article from the Associated Press. The job title is island caretaker and all you have to do is to laze around the Great Barrier Reef for six months. And the job pays $100,000. Would you believe that?
According to the Australian tourism officials it is the best job in the world. They are seeking someone, a blogger, which would spend six months in Hamilton Island to promote the island and his experiences in his blog. Isn't that great? Australian tourism, I am up for the challenge! You have to buy up my contract though here in Singapore. Hehe.
If you are interested to join, you have to make a 60-second video application to islandreefjob.com. The deadline of application is until February 22, 2009.
by Makoy · 5
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Top 10 Hollywood Movies as of January 11, 2009
1. Gran Torino
2. Bride Wars
3. The Unborn (2009)
4. Marley and Me
5. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
6. Bedtime Stories
8. Yes Man
9. Not Easily Broken
10. Seven Pounds
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 by Makoy · 3
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
After the Web Application Security seminar last Friday, I went to Bugis Street, which according to my Pinoy officemates have great buys like in Divisoria. If you are curious on how to get there. You can take the MRT to Bugis Station, which is in Green Line. At the MRT, you turn to the right side then take the escalator to the right. You will immediately see the BUGIS STREET signage on the right.
Before going in Bugis Street. Make sure to have a list on what to buy so you won't buy unnecessary things. Some parts of Bugis Street is not air-conditioned so wear light clothes. There are stores that offer refreshments so you don't have to bring your own water.
Most that I have seen in Bugis Street are clothes, a small percentage of Singapore souvenirs and one sex shop like in Orchard. The prices are affordable compared to malls. It is quite inconvenient to shop there though. It's hot and crowded. There's even this one saleslady of the Singapore Souevnir shop that have this "attitude." It is as if she doesn't want to sell anything.
I successfully bought souvenir items for my friends and also got to see an affordable watches for my family. She even said that she can give me 10% discount. I would definitely come back to that store to buy the watches for my family.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009 by Makoy · 3
Monday, January 12, 2009
Thursday night I received a call from my Supervisor informing me that I would be attending the "Web Application Security Seminar" the next day. The venue of the seminar was in Fusionpolis in Buona Vista. She also told me that my fellow pinoy officemate will be joining me in the seminar.
That morning, I just met my pinoy officemate at the Buona Vista MRT Station. Both of us don't know how to get to Fusionpolis. The instruction that I received from my supervisor is that we need to take the shuttle and it is only one stop from the Buona Vista MRT Station. We just followed the people on where they are going. When the shuttle bus arrived, my officemate asked the driver if it is going to Fusionpolis. Too bad, we made a mistake on crossing the street. We went back to the other side and saw our Malaysian officemate. We waited for the shuttle bus and was in Fusionpolis 10 minutes after 9 A.M. The seminar started around that time.
Fusionpolis looked nice with its futuristic architecture and design. I even took some snap shots while I was inside that building. By 10 A.M., we had our tea break and I literally ate a lot. I tried everything in the table.
The seminar resumed after 30 minutes. The seminar was interesting since I am just a newbie in doing web applications. I really thought web applications are safe but it isn't. If you know how to penetrate websites then our credit cards information will be used by culprits.
The seminar lasted until 5 P.M. We had our tea break again by the way at 3 P.M. I had two cups of coffee since I was feeling sleepy. After the seminar, I went straight to Bugis Street where I bought some souvenir stuffs for my friends in the Philippines.
Monday, January 12, 2009 by Makoy · 2
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Top 10 Hollywood Movies as of January 4, 2009
1. Marley & Me
2. Bedtime Stories
3. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
5. Yes Man
6. Seven Pounds
7. The Tale of Despereaux
8. The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)
10. Slumdog Millionaire
Saturday, January 10, 2009 by Makoy · 4
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Finally, my dream of having a second blogging contest is coming true. Yesterday, I have finished creating the logo for my blog contest. I also officially announced to the blogosphere and blog friends that I am looking for sponsors. I am very overwhelmed by the number of sponsors that sent me email, messages in my Entrecard account and directly commented to my contest page. Thank you very much for your generosity.
This contest wouldn't be possible without your help. I would like to thank especially the sponsors who pledged for cash and to Janette Toral for the special prize.
The start of the "Big Mak Blog Contest" would be on February 6, 2009. I won't be bringing my laptop in the Philippines so I have to finalize the last batch of sponsors.
Speaking of sponsors, if you are pledging for EC credits, you will directly send the EC credits to the winners. For cash pledges, you can send it to my PayPal account: firstname.lastname@example.org. Just leave your name and your URL for references. Deadline of submission of cash donation is on February 5, 2009. I will be offline from January 23 to February 2 for my 10 days vacation in the Philippines.
Thanks again and hoping that all of you will join this Big Mak contest. Sponsors by the way can also join the contest.
And oh, I will be attending a seminar from 9 A.M. to 6 P.M. I will be updating the Prize list after 9 P.M.
Thursday, January 8, 2009 by Makoy · 7
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
As of February 5, 2009 9:52 P.M., the big prizes from the Big Mak Blog Contest. Total cash prize $180; 107,250 EC credits; (37) 1 month ad spots; (2) 2 weeks ad spots, Blogging from Home book by Janette Toral, 2 domain and 2 blog hosting.
-Sponsorship has ended-
Year 2008 is over and one way to start the year right is to have my own blog contest. Last year, I did the $50 blogging contest where contestants will do a review for my blog. This time, I will do a contest based on a point system. I will discuss more of the contest details on the coming days.
In the mean time, I am looking for sponsors. You can sponsor for cash payable in PayPal, Entrecard credits (minimum of 500 EC credits), ad spots in your blogs, blog review, gadgets, books, CDs and whatever you think is a great prize.
So what will you get from sponsoring? Not only you will receive tons of inbound link love from the contestants but you might earn new friends. Possibly bulk in your web traffic and a blog name that can spread through web mouths. And oh, I am also including a point value on every RSS subscription to my sponsors' blog.
If you are interested, please leave your sponsor pledges on my Big Mak Blog Contest page.
Contest will start on February 6, 2009.
1. *$10 from Pinoy Blogger in Singapore
2. *$10 from Pinoy Showbiz and Hollywood News
3. *$10 from Make Money Online With Makoy
4. *$10 from Makoy Pinoy Blogger
5. *$10 from Life of a Filipina Blogger
6. *$10 from Retarded’s Notebook
7. *$10 from Raging Rev
8. $5 from Nikky Pals
9. *$10 from Blog de Manila
10. *$10 from Sonnie’s Porch
11. *$10 from PRC Board Exam Results
12. *$10 from Free PSP Games
13. *$10 from Gizmosync
14. *$20 from The Cookmobile
15. *$15 from Tech At Hand Dot Net
16. *$10 from Rhodilee
17. *$10 from Online Job
1. 1000 EC credits from The Certified Pinoy Blogger
2. 1000 EC credits from Makoy's Memoirs Of A Certified Blogger
3. 1000 EC credits from Makoy's Take On The Arts & The Entertainment
4. 1000 EC credits from Make Money Online With Makoy
5. *1000 EC credits from bum-spot
6. 1000 EC credits from Diva Fabulosa
7. 1000 EC credits from The Pinay Blogger
8. 1000 EC credits from Raging Rev
9. 2000 EC credits from Nurturing Nigel
10. 1000 EC credits from Shards of Thoughts
11. 1000 EC credits from Pinay Mom Blogs
12. 1000 EC credits from Michael Aulia
13. 1000 EC credits from Forex Trading and More Online Opportunities
14. 1000 EC credits from Fatherly Yours
15. 2000 EC credits from Blog de Manila
16. 500 EC credits from xoxjanellexox
17. 500 EC credits from contest love
18. 1000 EC credits from The Struggling Blogger
19. 1000 EC credits from Sonnie’s Porch
20. 1000 EC credits from The Fitness Diva
21. 1000 EC credits from Ramblings of a Work At Home Guy
22. 500 EC credits from Palabuzz
23. 500 EC credits from Gadget Way
24. 2000 EC credits from The Nexus - Feed Your Brain
25. 2500 EC credits from Random Thoughts
26. 1000 EC credits from Jewellery Weblog
27. 1000 EC credits from Indo Article Directory
28. 1000 EC credits from 24patrol
29. 750 EC credits from Girls Are Made of Sugar & Spice
30. 1000 EC credits from Everything Has A Reason
31. 1000 EC credits from In The Life Of...Mne
32. 1000 EC credits from In My Kitchen
33. 1000 EC credits from Blog Tactic
34. 500 EC credits from Blog.pinoy2.com
35. 2000 EC credits from Using My Right Hand
36. 1000 EC credits from Raising Chickens
37. 1000 EC credits from Acts of Random Kindness
38. 1000 EC credits from SEO Blog
39. 1000 EC credits from Gay
40. 1000 EC credits from ways to earn cash
41. 1000 EC credits from free stuffs to you
42. 1000 EC credits from eastcoastlife
43. 1000 EC credits from feRn's backyaRd
44. 1000 EC credits from prettystepdaughters
45. 1000 EC credits from Marriage and Beyond
46. 1000 EC credits from The Daily Planet
47. 1500 EC credits from Seek No More
48. 1500 EC credits from Nesting Buddy
49. 1500 EC credits from PolitEkon
50. *1000 EC credits from Mariuca
51. 2000 EC credits from Wonderful Things In Life
52. 1000 EC credits from Life's Journey
53. 2000 EC credits from Random Detoxification
54. 1000 EC credits from Babette's Definitely Maybe
55. 1000 EC credits from Everything PLUS the Kitchen Sink
56. 1000 EC credits from One at a Time
57. 1000 EC credits from So far, so good
58. 3000 EC credits from A Taste of Both Worlds
59. 1000 EC credits from A Singaporean in London
60. 1000 EC credits from The iPhone Photographer
61. *5000 EC credits from fragileheart's journal
62. 1000 EC credits from Contest Whiz
63. *1000 EC credits from nameSherry
64. *1000 EC credits from Sherry Rambling
65. *1000 EC credits from Heart Random
66. *1000 EC credits from iLUVcontest
67. *1000 EC credits from Shopping
68. 1000 EC credits from Online Games
69. 1000 EC credits from Juegos de Escape
70. 1000 EC credits from Google Stalker
71. 1000 EC credits from Fantasy Baseball Team Names
72. 1000 EC credits from Niacin Benefits
73. 1000 EC credits from Fish Oil High Blood Pressure
74. 1000 EC credits from Fendi Bags For Sale
75. 1000 EC credits from Abhishek Deshpande
76. 1000 EC credits from Ivory Tasks
77. 1000 EC credits from Posh Thoughts
78. 1000 EC credits from Pink Thoughts
79. 1000 EC credits from Moolah Musings
80. 1000 EC credits from The Ruby Posts
81. 1000 EC credits from Mommy Emotes
82. 1000 EC credits from Blessings and Beyond
83. 1000 EC credits from Micah Izabel
84. 1000 EC credits from Johann David
85. 1000 EC credits from Programming The Life
86. 1000 EC credits from NetBucks
87. 1000 EC credits from Health Assistant
88. 1000 EC credits from Daily Fun Horoscope Bites
89. 1000 EC credits from Thoughts and Obsessions
90. 1000 EC credits from Idiot Box
91. 1000 EC credits from The Path to the Pegasus Letter
92. 1000 EC credits from Praning's Shoutout
93. 1000 EC credits from Warfreak's Rantings
94. 2000 EC credits from Manilenio
1. 1 month ad spots from Momma Wannabe
2. 1 month ad spots from Health and Beauty Diva
3. 1 month ad spots from Perkier Than You
4. 1 month ad spots from Nurturing Nigel
5. 1 month ad spots from Forex Trading and More Online Opportunities
6. 1 month ad spots from contest love
7. 1 month ad spots from The Struggling Blogger
8. 1 month ad spots from The Nexus
9. 1 month ad spots from Nita's Random Thoughts
10. 1 month ad spots from Nita's Corner
11. 1 month ad spots from Thomas Travel Tales
12. 1 month ad spots from Great Finds and Deals
13. 1 month ad spots from Work At Home Jobs
14. 1 month ad spots from Erlinda‘s Wandering Thoughts
15. 1 month ad spots from CompTechGadgets.com
16. 1 month ad spots from Healthy Living and Lifestyle
17. 1 month ad spots from Thomas Web Links
18. 1 month ad spots from Bohol Paradise
19. 1 month ad spots from Batuananons
20. 1 month ad spots from Filipino Online Community
21. 2 weeks ad spots from Multiply Themes and Layouts
22. 2 weeks ad spots from Journal of Journey
23. 1 month ad spots from twins happiness
24. 1 month ad spots from there is happiness
25. 1 month ad spots from Also Mommy
26. 1 month ad spots from That Blog 4 Me
27. 1 month ad spots from Travel Blog
28. 1 month ad spots from Gay
29. 1 month ad spots from What's Up, Los Baños
30. 1 month ad spots from prettystepdaughters
31. 1 month ad spots from Seek No More
32. 1 month ad spots from Moolah Musings
33. 1 month ad spots from The Ruby Posts
34. 1 month ad spots from Mommy Emotes
35. 1 month ad spots from Blessings and Beyond
36. 1 month ad spots from Micah Izabel
37. 1 month ad spots from Johann David
38. 1 month ad spots from winziph
39. 1 month ad spots from Winziph
Domain and Blog Hosting
1. Domain from Pinay Mommy Online
2. Blog Hosting from Mom's Hosting
3. Domain from SEO Friendly Blog Directory
4. Blog Hosting from Budget Blogging
1. Janette Toral's Blogging from Home book from Blogging from Home by Janette Toral
*Cash/EC Credits have been sent to Makoy
Support this contest by pasting the Big Mak Blog Contest badge
Wednesday, January 7, 2009 by Makoy · 79
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Top 10 Hollywood Movies as of December 28, 2008
1. Marley & Me
2. Bedtime Stories
3. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
5. Yes Man
6. Seven Pounds
7. The Tale of Despereaux
8. The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)
9. The Spirit
Tuesday, January 6, 2009 by Makoy · 2
Monday, January 5, 2009
I saw this video on my YouTube account yesterday. Apparently, this Korean "singer" likes Mariah Carey a lot. He even has a cover song of "Touch My Body." That you have to see. Since Christmas is still in the corner, here is his rendition of "All I Want For Christmas Is You."
Monday, January 5, 2009 by Makoy · 3
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Sunday, January 4, 2009 by Makoy · 8
Saturday, January 3, 2009
After the musical, I was sending SMS to my blogger friend, Jade, which is also here in Singapore. I told her my feedback of the musical since she also wants to watch Lea Salonga as Cinderella. Jade by the way is a Filipina married to a Singaporean. Not to give away my comment so quickly. Here is what I think about the Cinderella Broadway musical here in Singapore.
I'm going to start with the venue. It's my first time watching in Esplanade Theatre and it looks very nice. It looks a bit small though even the stage. I am seated on the farthest seat and I cannot see the actors faces clearly. If you are watching, make sure to bring your own binoculars. I did not see any binoculars for rent by the way. You can also spare by not bringing a jacket. It's not that cold as I have expected.
At the stage, there's this curtain with Cinderella's slippers glowing. That was very intriguing and imaginative. At the beginning of the musical, Cinderella which is played by Lea Salonga was cleaning the kitchen floor with her bare hands together with her fairy god mother. I knew it was Lea Salonga the minute I heard her sing. The set was just okay and it seems very crowded for Cinderella's props. I am somehow dismayed with the quality of some props like the castle and the background during the wedding. It looked so plain and simple.
Performance wise, Lea Salonga was brilliant. Fairy god mother, evil step sisters and the step mother of Cinderella also did a great job. They were fun to watch especially when they do comic acts. It just surprises me that this broadway musical somehow inserts the present life even Cinderella was told many years ago. That you have to see. The lines from the King, the Prince Charming and the evil step sisters. I think insertions of current events won't hurt musicals like this. That would cater to the not so young generations like me. Kids should look forward to the talking and walking mice.
The music of Cinderella was simple yet beautiful. The actors did a great job in singing the lines clearly that the audience can really understand. Kids would definitely enjoy the music and the story come to life.
Cinderella musical wasn't that bad after all. It wasn't great though. The fact that the story has been told many times has lost the excitement to it. The effects of the musical somehow gave some spark and magic to the story. I have to commend to Lea Salonga and the cast for their great performance. Let's have to understand that this is Cinderella, not Les Miserables or Miss Saigon. We cannot expect an emotional and memorable song from "Kim" or "Cossette." Cinderella is a story for kids and those young at hearts. Bring your whole family and watch Cinderella. Tony award winner Lea Salonga was really remarkable. I hope I can watch her again on a different musical.
Written in association with West End theatre tickets.
Saturday, January 3, 2009 by Makoy · 6
Friday, January 2, 2009
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Yesterday, the office are open until 1 P.M. After work, I immediately went to Lucky Plaza to send some remittance to my family in the Philippines. I was very hungry since we don't have a lunch break. I have decided to eat at Kababayan instead of Mc Donald's since I thought that we're having snacks at Mc Donald's after the fireworks display.
By the way, I was having a fever that morning. I took a Biogesic that morning and felt drained when I was on my way home from Lucky Plaza. It was a long ride home since I was standing in the bus and I was feeling dizzy and all. And no one noticed my condition and offered a seat. As if that will happen. When I was home, I took another Biogesic and went to sleep. My roommates and I planned to go to Marina Bay around 8 P.M. to watch the fireworks display to welcome year 2009.
I will continue my story tomorrow with some pictures from the fireworks display.
Thursday, January 1, 2009 by Makoy · 5